Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Time to Remember - Pippen, 1994 All-Star Game MVP.


I finally found it! I've been looking for this game for kind of years. I've watched the game before, but I wanna watch it again. Because my favorite NBA player - Scottie Pippen grabbed MVP of 1994 NBA All-Star Game.

Out of MJ's shadow, Scottie stars. Pippen got 29 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 steals led the East to a 127-118 victory at the 44th annual NBA All-Star Game in Minneapolis.

It's a really a great time to remember. Especially you can't miss the shoes he word that day - a BIG RED Nike Flight. The shoes didn’t make Scottie jump higher or run faster, but maybe they did give him a little extra confidence in his shot that day – after all, you have to be pretty self-assured to venture out in public wearing anything so bold.( Jeff Dengate)


"That was just something that was thrown out there during my summer meetings with Nike," Pippen told Bulls.com before his No. 33 jersey was retired last December, referring to the red shoes. "I said, 'Sure, I’ll do it.'"

I remembered I saw some students in my high school wear the red shoes at the time. But I am not so sure if they just painted themselves or what, because I never saw the shoes selling in any sports shops. Painted themselves? Is that possible? Yes, it is possible. I did see my calssmate have ''PIP #33'' letters on his shoes and we all knew this moron drew it himself. LOL

Related:
1.Scottie Pippen steps out of MJ's shadow for MVP honors.
2.A Shoe-In For MVP
3.Scottie Pippen’s Greatest Moments:Pippen Garners MVP Honors at 1994 All-Star Game

No comments: