Sunday, September 2, 2007

Really Cool

"My name is Amelia and I was born in Muxía (A Coruña - Spain) on December the 23rd of 1911," she wrote as her first post on amis95.blogspot.com. "Today it's my birthday and my grandson, who is very stingy, gave me a blog."

This 95-year-old spanish grandma is blogging. She. Is. Blogging! As I know, Amelia is the world's oldest blogger (63.2 million bloggers worldwide). In her blog entries, she discusses current politics, her daily life, and memories of past events, to her grandson, who posts them for her. You can see an erderly share her almost a century life experience with you just in a click. How cool is that! But there is a little problem for me, that most of the entries are post in Español which I don't really understand. I wish there will be someone translating them into English real soon.

Related:
1.The Guardian: Poetry, politics and old people's homes: the likes and dislikes of a 95-year-old blogger (September 1 2007)
2.OhmyNews International Interviews: World's Oldest Blogger Tells All

No comments: