Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shoot! Got CTS!


When I got some shooting pain off and on in my right wrist and fingers these 2 or 3 days, I think, shooooooooooot! I might have carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). And I really don't feel good today. I think I could've confirmed that already.

There is pressure placed on my median nerve located in my wrist (a space called carpal tunnel). Because my nerve has pressure on, it makes tingling , numbness and pain in my fingers and wrist.
It does feel bad. Guessed I just did too many handwritings and notes on the wrong desk, bad postures though. That sucks! Can't really concentrate with this going on. All I could do is keep it rested. Hopefully it subsides soon.

Carpal tunnel syndrome [MayoClinic]
Carpal tunnel syndrome guide [MayoClinic.com]


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about my entire left forearm is numb sometimes?
I failed my microbiology last week. I need to retake it this week. There are a lot of materials to memorize, and my brain doesn't have no more space for them. How can i do now ? sigh~~

H said...

nina:

There is chance you have CTS too. Numbness in your forearm maybe be advanced syndrome. But if you sleep on your forearm, it's pretty normal you got that after waking up. :)

Just sit tight, study a little more. Walk out for a while to calm yourself down. Good luck there.

Anonymous said...

我也曾這樣
實驗手持pipetman太頻繁
最後延伸到上臂
拿湯匙都嫌重
連門把都轉不動
只能休息利用另一手

好好休息吧
否則肌肉會萎縮的

H said...

Dear my cousin:

Seems you've got a more serious situation before. Are your arm and fingers OK now?

Thanks for your advice. :)

Good to see you here by the way. :D