Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An Unexpected Call

On Monday afternoon, when I was in the middle of something, somebody called.

I didn't recognize the number in the beginning, and it seemed to come from a landline. I hung it off. I believed if it was urgent, that person would call again. And he really did. About every 3 to 5 mins once. It was somehow annoying because I was busy. I hung up on him again, and again, and again. More than 10 times, I believe.

After my errand was done, I went to Watson's to look around. That person just didn't give up. He called again. I picked it up. A familiar male voice showed up, '' This is Mr X. You Jeff?''

''Yeah'', I answered, and a voice rose up from the bottom of my mind-oh shoot. There was one second that my mind went blank. Because I didn't expect a call from Mr X since I have e-mailed him that letter. He explained and clarify what he was thinking and there might be some misinterpretation about his talk. The discussion went very well. The call lasted for 32 mins and from the conversation I knew he loves Taiwan, and respects the human rights and freedom. Maybe I misunderstood him.

So much better than just an email reply with a boring thank you. I was really appreciated that he called and it was an unsual chance to exchange our opinions. Can't say it's shocking, if any, but it's a surprise.


給X老師的一封信:有關奧運火炬抗議事件

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand. Who is Mr. X?